The Roswell City Council recently approved a 20 year, $16 MILLION revenue bond to build a brand new water plant to replace our aging water plant. We believe this is a fiscally irresponsible decision given the below facts. The citizens of southwest Roswell would be better served to purchase water from Fulton County just like the other 85% of Roswell citizens and business.
Save Waller Park / Stop the Roswell Water Plant: Click here to sign the Petition
To the Roswell City Council:
- Whereas, Citizens of southwest Roswell who are Roswell City Water customers, currently pay anywhere from 19% to 120% more for water than those Roswell citizens who get their water from Fulton County;
- Whereas, Businesses who are customers of Roswell City Water pay anywhere from 59% to 250% more for water than non Roswell Water businesses;
- Whereas, Of the 7 elected officials in Roswell, only 1 council member is a customer of higher priced Roswell City Water while 6 are customers of the lower priced Fulton County water, and one has his own personal well water;
- Whereas, The new 10 MILLION gallon, 55 feet tall water tanks that will be placed in Waller Park will overshadow the entire park and destroy the aesthetics of the green space where most of Roswell's children grew up playing soccer on Lower and Upper Waller park fields.
- Whereas, Fulton County can produce 100% of the water needed to supply the citizens of Roswell for a fraction of the price.
Now, Therefore, We urge the Roswell City Council stop the plans for the new Water Plant, and reverse all current plans to make Waller Park an industrial site.